For Rational oven warranty queries, contact us immediately
As Rational Service Partners, we’re authorised to manage all Rational oven warranty issues across Cornwall, Devon, South Somerset, and West Dorset within the first 2-years of your purchase.
Though the Rational Service Department has fully briefed us on its warranty terms and conditions, it’s often the case we can diagnose the problem over the phone for you. Once we know more about your oven’s fault, we’ll be able to tell you if we think it will be covered by the Rational warranty.
For your information, we’ve included the Manufacturer Warranty Declaration from Rational below. This should give you a better idea of Rational’s warranty process, but if you have any questions, queries, or concerns about the warranty on your Rational oven, call us today on 07836 598 713.
Rational Manufacturer Warranty Declaration
I. Relation to sales contract and national law
1. These warranty terms and conditions of Rational AG (RATIONAL) shall apply to the extent that they are not in conflict with the respective national laws governing warranty provisions.
2. This manufacturer warranty issued by RATIONAL shall not affect the rights of the buyer of a RATIONAL unit (“end customer”) vis-à-vis the seller under the sales contract entered into.
II. Registration of the appliances:
RATIONAL recommends to the end customers to register their appliances directly after the installation. Thereby unobstructed processing of warranty claims can be ensured. The registration can be executed as follows:
a. via ConnectedCooking (www.connectedcooking.com) under the section “Service”
b. via the RATIONAL website (www.rational-online.com) under the section “Service Plus”
c. via the registration card attached to the operation manual
The registration can also be executed by each RATIONAL partner. In this case, end customers shall stipulate this explicitly with their RATIONAL partner.
III. Prerequisite of warranty
1. A prerequisite of the end customer warranty is that the end customer grants RATIONAL access to, and allows it the use of, the appliance data. This data relates to:
a. the HACCP data, a safety standard for the cooking process
b. the service data, which contains component information and certain usage data
c. the log data, which captures the operating status, including operating behaviour. The appliance data does not contain any personalised information about the end customer.
2. The end customer shall allow RATIONAL irrevocably to use, without restrictions and free of charge, the appliance data that RATIONAL receives from the end customer’s appliance, especially for purposes of product maintenance and product development.
3. The end customer is permitted to revoke RATIONAL’s access to the appliance data. In this case, the warranty declaration shall cease to be valid and the end customer’s claims regarding any appliance defects shall be limited to the contractual and legal warranty claims vis-à-vis the seller. RATIONAL’s right to use data already transmitted shall be unaffected by such revocation.
IV. Warranty performance
1. Under the terms and conditions of this warranty declaration, RATIONAL grants the end customer of a RATIONAL product:
a. a warranty of 2 (two) years for new appliances
b. a warranty of 12 (twelve) months for used appliances originating from RATIONAL’s demonstration, training and similar stock (unless different arrangements have been expressly agreed in writing)
starting from the date of installation of the appliance at the end customer. The end customer shall furnish proof of the installation date and the type of appliance in the form of a written confirmation or an installation invoice issued by the dealer or sales partner.
2. Should defects that are not excluded from the warranty in accordance with section V occur during this warranty period, RATIONAL shall remedy them free of charge, at its discretion, by repairing the appliance, by replacing defective parts or by exchanging the appliance. Ownership of replaced parts or exchanged appliances shall pass to RATIONAL.
3. This warranty is valid in all countries and can be claimed for appliances installed in such countries, where authorised RATIONAL partners provide warranty services in accordance with these warranty terms and conditions.
4. The performance of warranty services shall not trigger an extension of the warranty period or trigger a new warranty period.
5. No warranty services other than those specified above shall be provided.
V. Warranty provisions
1. RATIONAL shall be notified in writing of any defect within 14 days of the defect becoming known to or detectable by the end customer. The timely notification shall be determined on the basis of the receipt of the notification at the end customer’s RATIONAL service partner.
2. Warranty services shall only be provided if a copy of the original invoice or receipt issued by the dealer is presented together with the appliance.
3. The warranty does not entitle customers to free-of-charge inspections or maintenance of the appliance. Likewise, the warranty claim does not cover wear and tear of the appliance through use by the customer or defects of consumable and wearing parts that are due to normal use or normal wear and tear. Consumable and wearing parts are in particular lamps and seals. Damage to glass and defects caused by the build-up of limescale in the appliance are also excluded.
4. Excluded from the warranty is furthermore damage to the appliance caused by
a. improper or incorrect use of the appliance for a purpose other than its normal purpose or failure to adhere to the operating and maintenance instructions of RATIONAL; especially insufficient cleaning and care
b. faulty installation or use of the appliance in a way that does not conform to the applicable technical or safety requirements in the country in which the appliance is used
c. unprofessional or non-compliant repair attempts or work performed by unauthorised third parties
d. third-party intervention or force majeure (such as fire or water damage)
e. other cleaning and care products than recommended by RATIONAL.
5. The warranty entitlement shall expire if replacement or wearing parts other than original RATIONAL parts have been used or the appliance has been repaired or opened by an unauthorised workshop or an unauthorised repair service or by the end customer itself, irrespective of whether the repair has been carried out professionally and properly and whether the defect is due to such action.
6. The warranty shall lapse if the RATIONAL installation checklist and the installation manual have not been followed or recommended maintenance and service intervals have not been complied with. The same applies to defects resulting from the usage environment, such as the use of contaminated, corrosive water, poor-quality gas or power with an unsuitable current or voltage. Any damage caused by overvoltage is excluded from the warranty.
7. If on examination of the appliance RATIONAL finds that the defect concerned does not entitle the customer to make warranty claims, the end customer shall bear the cost of the examination incurred by RATIONAL.
8. RATIONAL does not cover transport costs and risks.
The warranty is issued exclusively to the original end customer of the dealer that has bought the appliances from RATIONAL. It is not transferable.
VII. Exclusion of damage claims
Poor performance of the warranty shall not entitle the end customer to damage claims, in particular claims for consequential losses. RATIONAL’s liability shall in all cases be limited to the cost price of the appliance. Liability due to intent shall be unaffected.
VIII. Place of jurisdiction, place of performance
The exclusive place of jurisdiction for all legal disputes arising from this warranty declaration for end customers that are merchants, legal persons under public law or special funds under public law as well as the place of performance for all obligations arising from the contractual relationship shall be Landsberg am Lech. This applies even if the end customer does not have a general place of jurisdiction in the Federal Republic of Germany.
IX. Final provisions
1. The assessment of all legal relationships with the end customer is subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany; conflict-of-law rules shall be excluded. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) shall be excluded.
2. Should a part of this warranty declaration be ineffective or impracticable, this shall have no impact on the validity of the rest of the warranty declaration.
Areas we cover
We are based in Tavistock and Service partners for the Southwest of England incorporating the whole of Cornwall and Devon and South Somerset and West Dorset
- Monday 07:30 - 18:00
- Tuesday 07:30 - 18:00
- Wednesday 07:30 - 18:00
- Thursday 07:30 - 18:00
- Friday 07:30 - 18:00
- Saturday Emergency call out
- Sunday Emergency call out
Rational Service Partners for the South West (UK).
To find out more about the Safe Contractor Scheme or to discuss our Gassafe certifications please call 07836 598 713