Here’s how our Breakdown and Repair service works
- Call us immediately on 07836 598 713 - 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. If we can’t pick up, leave us a message
- Give us as much information about the problem as possible - the smallest detail could make all the difference
- Tell us the most convenient date and time for you and we’ll send out one of our engineers to visit you on-site
- Give us your details so we know who and where you are, and your phone number so we can contact you directly
- Don’t panic. Your breakdown or repair request is on our system and one of our engineers will be with you ASAP
What we’ll do for you
- We’ll answer your call immediately or pick up your voicemail and get back to you as soon as we can. We operate a 24 hour, 7 days a week hotline
- With the information you give us, we’ll try and diagnose the problem on the phone and determine the severity of the fault, and give you an idea of when we’ll come out to you.
- We’ll then place your call on our system together with all your details and the breakdown or repair details
- When we visit you on-site, we carry 95% of stock for SCC, WE, & SI models on our vans and we’ll do our utmost to fix your fault on our first visit.
Our Breakdown and Repair process
We give our customers an efficient and professional breakdown and repair service and always aim to reach every call out as quickly as we can.
As we carry 95% of stock for Rational SCC, WE, & SI models on our vans, we’re 95% confident that our experienced engineers will fix the problem and have your oven back up and running on the same day. If we can’t do that for you, we’ll modify your oven so you can use limited functions while we work fast to fix the issue for you.
A standard breakdown Vs an emergency breakdown
We understand that when a Rational oven you rely on breaks down, it’s inconvenient and frustrating. So when you call our breakdown service, by giving us all the information you can, we’ll place your request into a ‘Standard’ or ‘Emergency’ category. This helps us to reach as many call outs as we can, as quickly as possible. Here’s how we prioritise every call out we receive:
Standard Breakdown (1 - 3 working day call out)
- Serviceable part failure (door seal split, lamp faulty, door catch is worn etc)
- Service code fault (though oven use is not disrupted)
- Reset Gas (occasional lit ‘Reset Gas’ warning though oven use is not disrupted)
- Oven aborting on clean cycle (oven use is not disrupted)
- Minor water leak (which can be controlled by the user)
- Oven is not steaming or heating efficiently
Emergency Breakdown (24hr call out applies)
- No oven function (display is blank with no feedback from the oven board)
- Service code fault (the oven shows a fault code and is out of operation)
- Reset Gas (continual lit ‘Reset Gas’ warning and unable to use the oven)
- Oven aborting on clean cycle (and unable to use the oven)
- Major water leak (uncontrollable by the user even when the water supply to the oven is off)
- Oven has stopped steaming or heating completely
Areas we cover
We are based in Tavistock and Service partners for the Southwest of England incorporating the whole of Cornwall and Devon and South Somerset and West Dorset
- Monday 07:30 - 18:00
- Tuesday 07:30 - 18:00
- Wednesday 07:30 - 18:00
- Thursday 07:30 - 18:00
- Friday 07:30 - 18:00
- Saturday Emergency call out
- Sunday Emergency call out
Rational Service Partners for the South West (UK).
To find out more about the Safe Contractor Scheme or to discuss our Gassafe certifications please call 01822 612617